Unable to access the FilterParams tool

I am unable to access the FilterParams tool.
When I follow the insstructions to go to the desired category (People, Families etc). Select the FilterParams tool from the Gramps menu (Tools > Isotammi tools > FilterParams), I get only:
Generate souce citations from notes…
Name Editor Tool…
Name Merge Tool…
SuperTool…
ZipInstall…

I used the Isotammi configation gramplet to change to the Isotammi source, used Edit->Preferences… to check for update add-ons (Do not ask about previously notified addons is unchecked.). I downloaded the filter gramplets and restarted Gramps.

What am I doing wrong, please?

David Lynch

GRAMPS: AIO64-5.1.5-1
Python: 3.6.4 (default, Jan 23 2018, 13:17:37) …
BSDDB: 6.1.0 (6, 0, 30)
sqlite: 3.21.0 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8

Kari developed it as an experimental project… outside the Isotammi collection.

There are a few others like that. For example: Hans’ Consanguinuity Gramplet is waiting to be distributed. And Chis’ CardView is in beta while his Ancestry tools are standalone Python modules.

You’ll have to download and add it to your plugins manually.

Those filters listed in the Isotammi project are used with the SuperTool, they are not needed for FilterParams.

But it is going to take a significant amount of time specifically for the beginners. Can you suggest any user manual?

Please clarify which instruction you are seeking:

(Asking for instructions on too broad of a subject usually gets less personal help. Volunteers are taking time away from their own projects to post answers here.)

I downloaded the tool directly from @kku github.

There will be a green Code button, and under there will be Download Zip. Open the zip folder once downloaded and and then the addons folder. Copy the FilterParams folder to your Plugins folder in your Gramps user folder. /gramps51/plugins

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.