Reorganize places

Good day, I am using AIO64-5.1.5-1 under Windows 11

Under “Places” i have a lot of cities and provincies which I want to place under an existing region. This region has already enclosed provinces and cities. How do I do this?
When I start with the region I cannot add the cities and provincies.
When I start with the city or province and click on “enclosed by” I can only add a new entity?

Just click on the icon to the right of the + icon and you can choose a place in your hierarchy

The Place editor’s Enclosed By subsection in the wiki User Manual has just been expanded.

The Select Places used during a ‘Share’ was noted just below. But it seemed to be unrelated to the ‘Enclosed By’ feature. The functions are described as related now.

My preferred method for building a Place hierarchy uses the Place Cleanup Add-on Gramplet. It builds a good hierarchy, offers alternate names in historical & multiple languages, and inserts the GPS coordinates needed for the Geography view’s mapping.

It requires setting up a GeoNames account. And they use the accounts to track failed “Find” attempts in order to improve their online database.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.