Creating/using reports

I am brand new with this software and have no idea whereI locate my version & release. I am trying to find out what reports are included more specifically I’d like a report that lists all names of individuals who have served in the military. Thank you from Snowy Central New York. I am using a “Mac Book Pro”

It depends on your database, but if their military service is saved as events then the quickest way is using the person view and the filter sidebar to filter for persons who have a military event. Afterwards you can export the filtered view and save it as csv.

1 Like

The About Gramps box should be located under the Help menu at least it is for me on Microsoft Windows.

Help location on Windows

@mattkmmr is correct. Note that with this technique, you will just get a simple list of people with a “Military Service” event connected to them. You can make some slight changes to the information included in the .csv by using the “Configure…” choice under the View menu.

Note that the .csv file can be opened by Numbers, Excel and a variety of other spreadsheets (or text editors, etc).

If you need more information in your report, several of the existing reports can be made to use a Filter. First you would create a custom filter that only includes individuals with a Military Service event. Then, you would configure an existing report (say the Complete Individual report) to run against people returned by your filter. Give us some more details on what you want to achieve and we can try to help you get as close as possible.

Craig

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.