Tabula Rasa state?

Is there a way to (easily) reset a grampsweb site to a blank, initial state?

I have had (sporadic) success with the 1-Click wizard, but when I have been able to stand a site up, and I try to import my tree, the import fails, and the site is unusable. Currently, I have to destroy the server, stand up a new one, change the DNS entry, wait for DNS to update, and only then can I try again.

Also, is there a way I could upload the databases from my local Ubuntu install to grampsweb?

Not an answer to your question, but the next release (this weekend) will feature an import button in the web interface, so you can import files anytime, not just in the setup wizard.

I was able to figure out how to do this, and I will message you privately with my thoughts, but would you consider not only an import function on the web side, but a command line interface that would show detail error information?

There is a command line interface. It’s Gramps, after all.

What’s missing in many cases is exposing error messages in the web interface. Help welcome.

The errors were in the log – the problem is the lead time is resetting to try a fix (destroy server, stand up new server, change DNS)