Report: Facts and details about a single individual

I am looking to create a simple list of facts and details about an individual. I can create the family group sheet but I am looking for something more streamlined.
Name:
Birth:
Death:
Spouse and date:
Child and date:
Event1 and location:

And so on with little to no formatting. I want to take these fact sheets and run them through AI to see what king of interesting story could come out.

(Please include your Gramps version and Operating System: 5.1.6)

You could feed the AI the output from the Biography and Timeline addon Quickviews.

Well this post is over a year old and no longer relevant. I was stuck in my drafts. Lol

1 Like

Well, “how to feed an AI” is a hot topic in Genealogy these days.

I asked the Perplexity AI what it would want to be given to write such a story, then asked it to rewrite my question in an ideal for for an AI. Interestingly, the responses were written in totally different styles. My question was answered in conversation tone. The rewritten question was answered tersely in bullet points:

What essential details should be provided when requesting the creation of a story about an ancestor, considering minimal, typical, and ideal scenarios?

Minimal Case:

In a minimal case scenario, to write a story about an ancestor, basic information such as the ancestor’s name, birth and death dates, and any significant life events or achievements would be essential. This foundational information would provide a starting point for crafting a simple narrative about the ancestor’s life.

• Ancestor’s name
  • Birth and death dates
  • Significant life events or achievements

Typical Case:

In a typical case, additional details beyond the basic facts would be beneficial. This may include the ancestor’s occupation, place of residence, relationships with family members, and any noteworthy historical context that influenced their life. Gathering information from sources like historical newspapers[1], genealogy case studies[2], and resources on writing ancestral stories[5] can enrich the narrative and provide a more comprehensive understanding of the ancestor’s story.

• Ancestor’s occupation
  • Place of residence
  • Relationships with family members
  • Historical context influencing their life

Ideal Case:

For an ideal case scenario, a wealth of information would be desirable to create a detailed and engaging story about an ancestor. This could involve exploring various sources such as local history records, genealogical documents, personal letters or diaries, photographs, and oral histories. Understanding the challenges faced by female ancestors in particular[4] can add depth to the narrative. Incorporating these diverse sources would allow for a nuanced portrayal of the ancestor’s life, personality, struggles, triumphs, and their impact on future generations. Additionally, utilizing creative frameworks for storytelling[5] can help bring the ancestor’s story to life in a compelling and meaningful way.

• Detailed information from various sources like local history records, genealogical documents, personal letters or diaries, photographs, and oral histories
  • Understanding challenges faced by female ancestors for a nuanced portrayal
  • Utilizing creative frameworks for storytelling to bring the ancestor’s story to life

Citations:
[1] Case Study: Using Newspapers to Reconstruct an Ancestor’s Story
[2] Genealogy Problem Solving: 4 Case Studies
[3] https://youtube.com/watch?v=sfM1S3XwsB4
[4] Video Presentation - Female Ancestors: Finding Women in Local History and Genealogy - Research Guides at Library of Congress
[5] https://www.creativefamilyhistorian.com/ancestral-stories/
[6] https://wehavekids.com/family-relationships/Writing-Ancestor-Stories
[7] 9 Tips for Getting Started on Writing Your Family History
[8] How to Go From Boring to Brilliant Family History Writing : Genealogy Stories

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.