GLib-GIO-WARNING on Windows AIO beta

The following message persists in the new 5.2 AIO (with tweaks for selected Translations)

(gramps.exe:7980): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 14:37:45.932: win32 session dbus binary not found

Any suggestions for what to install to see if the Warning is correctable before trying to tweak the AIO installer?

I’m not sure, but when I look inside the LC_MESSAGES folders, for 5.1.5 and 5.2, only the ones for 5.1.5 have a file named glib20.mo, which may be needed by glib-2.0, even for British English.

This does not explain why I do see Dutch texts in Wine, where that file is missing too, but Wine is not Windows …

From here the question is: Is this a coincidence, or is it related to the missing MO files in my LC_MESSAGE folders? And why are they missing?

Copying these from the 5.1.5 AIO folders does not help, so maybe they need to be registered somehow.

After installing GrampsAIO-5.2.0-r1-25ef2ea_win64, it will not load.

Gives the error from Spell.py at line 66: “You have no installed dictionaries.”

Tried that too. I also manually edited gramps.ini turning off the spellcheck.

… and where should those dictionaries reside? And how can they influence British English?

Looking a PR#1444, the spelling library changed. Doesn’t that imply the dictionaries are likely different?

That’s a good one, and when I look at the conversation, I see a few messages about that spelling library, between developers that I consider to be quite experienced, like Nick and John. And I see that you commented on those translations too.

There’s one problem with such a change though, and that is, when you all speak English (sort of :slight_smile: ), it is quite likely that you won’t see what we see on the continent, until it is almost too late.

Related to:

• PR#1450 : Port from GtkSpell to Gspell
  • PR#1444 : Sources for windows AIO

PR144 contains a great deal of discussion about the detection of 2 letter versus localized languages and the having to switch to the hunspell. With multiple revisions to address issues.

It is unclear what resolution (if any) resulted. Or if validations needed to be done in multiple native language systems across all 3 supported platforms.

The D-Bus warning was fixed in commit 0a873a9.