Beta1 "General" - Feedback

Continuing the discussion from Gramps v5.2.0-beta1 released:

I can only find source files at the Github release page. In order to test it on Windows I’d need an installer, not? Or am I missing something?

I can’t get the recently submitted AIO sources for Windows to work. The build is failing.

See pull request #1444.

We need one of our Windows maintainers to investigate.

Report filed:
0012942: [Windows AIO installer] build is failing for recently submitted AIO…

Maybe add a tag or change the title of this post to include a clue pointing to the AIO installer for windows?

Will be easier to find for those who want to BETA test on Windows OS…

The deveopers are still working out some hitches in finding necessary libraries for the new build process for the AIO installer. So there’s no AIO to point anyone towards… yet.

But hopefully the process will no longer require a day of labor to build each new AIO installer. (That’s what @prculley has been gifting Windows users for the last few years… and Josip before him. This deserves extra thanks since installers are of no use to developers using GitHub, they are just extra work.)

That was why I thought that adding a tag to this post would help those who was looking for the BETA for Windows…

I saw that I wrote some wrong in that sentence… I ment pointing to this post so they knew why there was no AIO installer.