en_US Dictionary not selected by default on Windows running US English

My system is running Windows 10 with all settings for US English. During installation of 5.2.0-beta2, in the list of Dictionaries, only en_GB was auto-selected and en_US was not. Is that expected? I see this note in the announcement for v5.2.0-beta2 and wondering if it’s related?

• Fix system locale detection on MS Windows.

Thanks.

Gramp 5.2 beta2-1 en_US dictionary not selected

Well, expected or not, it isn’t a change. The Gramps installer has always defaulted to install the British english dictionary.

Even though the Installer interface has previously adapted to the language of the machine, I’m not sure if the selection in the installer have ever adapted. And the changes to Gramps for localization weren’t in the install process.

Here’s a capture for the German wiki page for the 5.1.5 version. I cannot tell if the selected ‘de’ was by default or the user is being instructed to make that selection.

Looking deeper at 5.1.6, when the English dictionary is installed, enabling Spellcheck in the Note Editor context menu will add an additional Language selection. It appear to build a list of dialects under that. So for that version of Gramps using gspell, it looks like the dialect selection happened differently.

Perhaps the option changed after switching to hunspell ?

5.1.6 using gspell:

v5.1.6 uses GtkSpell rather than Gspell. See PR #1450.