Does Gramps web work with gramps 5.2.0?

Gramps 5.2 is released.

Will grampsweb work with that, as the schema is said to be different?

Full disclosure . . . after making backup, installed 5.2 and grampsweb sync, which when clicking “next” at login appears to just do nothing, just jumps right to “summary”

Gramps 5.1.6 (actually 5.2.0)
Gramps Web API 1.6.0
Gramps Web Frontend 24.2.0
locale: en
multi-tree: false
task queue: true

And the answer appears to be “no” (not yet?).

Running the old version, creating a new tree and importing the backup, then doing a gramps web sync still works.

Just be patient. David has it under control.

I just opened discourse to post a placeholder with this exact title and ask users to be patient :rofl: Thanks @joea for mentioning the elephant in the room and @Nick-Hall for the confidence.

I’ll add a “Gramps 5.2 update guide” to the documentation site soon and post updates in this thread. It will take a few days until everything is available, plus some time for testing by more adventurous users.

Short answer: if you synchronize Gramps Web and Gramps Desktop, it’s better to wait 1-2 months before you upgrade (both of them) until the dust settles.

Dear all,

Gramps Web can now be used with Gramps 5.2. See 2.0 upgrade guide - Gramps Web for the official upgrade guide. Also the Sync Addon has been updated.

I already switched my own installation and everything is working flawlessly.

Grampshub will switch in one week, March 9.

Let us know if you encounter any issues - or also if you didn’t :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Normally, I am much more conservative in applying updates. Even crossed my mind when I was reading about the changes, but, dove in anyway.

Only just now updated Gramps Web. One moment of concern when I realized I had not logged out of grambs web prior to upgrade. There was no tree visible.

Logged out and back in, still no tree. Took me a moment to notice the little pop up in lower left advising a new version of app, did I want to install. Perhaps it presented earlier but I did not notice it. Replied yes, please, thanks for asking. Shortly after it did present the version of database message/warning, said OK.

All seems well.

1 Like