Contributor role

Are there plans to “expand support” for the Contributor role?

“One idea” for the Contributor role, would be “something like” a merge-request: They can do whatever changes they want, and submit them for reviewing.
:sweat: I am not sure how feasible/easy it is, though.

I would like to ask people to help, but I would like to be the Gatekeeper of it still.

I agree that would be awesome, but I can’t think of a simple way to do it right now. Perhaps this could be a long term vision for multi-tree sites like Grampshub, to have a “fork” button where you can fork a tree into your own copy and then suggest changes.

To more near-term things I can think of for an alternative workflow:

• Support for tracking the entire edit history with the possibility of selected undo and blame is planned. You wouldn’t be the gatekeeper, but you could revert everything.
  • There could be user role only allowed to create new notes, which could be used for some kind of “comment” or “feedback” like interface in Gramps Web

If the file was a linear XML, I’d throw a git-repository behind it :rofl:
Totally ineffective and non-scaling, but then fork just works (and diff, and and and …)

• Support for tracking the entire edit history with the possibility of selected undo and blame is planned. You wouldn’t be the gatekeeper, but you could revert everything.

Any issue/epic I can track for this progress? (Would’ve been awesome if it existed in Github also)