CardView and 5.2

Before I try to install 5.2.2 has anybody got Cardview Working or is it limited to 5.1.?
phil

Most likely needs to be updated according to the addon’s author see 241 & 239

You can also track and report issues to the Experimental Cardview Github support area

And we could invite the developer, @cdhorn , to comment too. He may not be actively monitoring the forum but might have notifications enabled.

Hi
Had read both of those but seems like the developer is busy on other things.
No panic plenty of time.
Thanks to you both

There were some things he proposed for the 5.2 core. They were design changes that he felt would allow CardView to move out of the “experimental” phase.

I’m not sure whether everything needed was adopted. Or perhaps some need to be added to the 5.3 Roadmap in another thread.

It would be wonderful to see CardView fully realized. … And maybe even offered as an alternative core GUI to the List view.

I plan some changes to the navigation in v5.3 to better support my combined views and everything views. This will include enhancing navigation between views and allowing history objects to be customised. I think that a customisable history object is what the card views need, but I’ll check.

2 Likes

Yes, a customizable history object would be needed in addition to a global navigation history that tracked changes across groups of views in addition to categories.

The global navigation history object used in CardView attempts to track navigation changes through the children of a primary object as it contains views for references and secondary objects of primary objects in addition to treating tags as a primary object. That all breaks down of course when those child objects in turn reference primary objects, but addressing that would require core data model changes.

1 Like