V5.2.0-beta1 questions (open spans, strikethrough, super/subscript, place events)

Suite du sujet Gramps v5.2.0-beta1 released :

Thank you very much to all devs !!!

Two questions about these highlights:

What is behind these entries? What are they doing?

• open spans
  • strikethrough and superscript/subscript support.

And, in these highlights I can’t see any mention to place events. Are they implemented in this version?

Extra formatting markdown added to the Note Editor GUI in PR1266

Open Spans discussed in another thread and in the referenced PR 1124

2 Likes

Here is a dark mode example using the Numix icon theme:

editor

2 Likes

@emyoulation you have changed the title of my post but ignoring the place events part of it

Sorry. Added.

When the Subject title is too generic, it makes the Discourse search less useful.

No. We are considering time-dependent attributes instead for the next major release.

Can you link to where the Place Events PR can be found?

There may be items that weren’t properly submitted in the GitHub process that made the 5.2 approval queue. That seems to have cleared.

Another example, I noticed 2 line items about enhancing ‘backups’. But when looking at the PR discussion, it looks like 2 groups of changes were discussed but only the portion about “not automatically backing up if database has no changes” is in the summary. The enhancement to add 12hour and 24hour intervals is not listed.

I don’t know where is that PR (and others). I remember this: Societal Events: Events connected to Places - #41 by DaveSch

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.