Supertool: run a set (batch) of scripts

Looks like Supertool is really popular tool with growing user scripts amount.

Personally me have several specific for me only checker-scripts which checks different things in my DB. For example I am going develop one additional checker which will check ukrainian names according to some official names’ lists.

The idea is run all such custom checkers “in one click” periodically, say every month.

If the Supertool author and other Gramps users think that this feature makes sense, it would be great to have such ability.

SuperTool has hooks for a running from the command line.

You can already write a batch file script for your monthly SuperTool maintenance tasks.

2 Likes

Its a good idea! I will try. Thank you!

1 Like

Some update if anybody needs the same as me.
I’ve created such simple checker.sh script

#!/bin/bash

# This script allows package running of different custom Gramps checkers 
# which are missing in the "Data Verify tool" addon.

# Get the current date and time
now=$(date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S")

echo "Run checker to verify Ukrainian first names"
gramps -O "Main Tree" -a tool -p name=SuperTool,script=scripts/checker_ua_name.script > "reports/checker_ua_name_${now}.log" 2>&1

echo "Run checker to verify a person Caste attribute"
gramps -O "Main Tree" -a tool -p name=SuperTool,script=scripts/checker_caste.script > "reports/checker_caste_${now}.log" 2>&1

echo "Run checker to verify twins attributes"
gramps -O "Main Tree" -a tool -p name=SuperTool,script=scripts/checker_twins.script > "reports/checker_twins_${now}.log" 2>&1

The “scripts” folder contains SuperTool scripts which should be run.
The “reports” folder gathers logs after the checker.sh running.

Running checker.sh (in Bourne Shell) under Ubuntu:
sh checker.sh

The same should work in Mac OS I think.
As for Windows I’m not sure. I believe something similar can be done with cmd scripts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.