Sharing events for family members as with a census

Gramps 5.1.5, Manjaro. Which is better when sharing an event. Use the Share or just use the clipboard? It seems to me the share command, you have to find the event you want to share to add instead of using the highlight event which would be the right way to do it. Right now I use the clipboard as it is faster and easier for me.

Whenever I share an event, I always use the clipboard. As you point out, using the ‘Share’ icon to select the event you may not always be selecting the desired event. Sorting by “Last Changed” will bring the most recent events to the top of the list.

Many users, I am not one of them, will point out using the Forms Gramplet is what you should use.

1 Like

I use drag and drop between windows. Personally, I never use the clipboard.

1 Like

The Forms gramplet is a method of source-based data entry. It allows all the information from a single source to be entered by filling in a form.

In the case of a census, it will create an event and citation for you. The date and type are set and the event linked to its participants automatically. Each piece of information is recorded as an attribute with the citation attached.

However, using the Forms gramplet doesn’t do anything that you can’t do by other means. Use the method that you feel most comfortable with.

Me too. Example, creating a burial record that contains the death date (death record already created), before I select ok in the burial record, I open the death record and drag the citation from the burial to the death record. Select ok 3 times and done.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.