Responsiveness on MacOS

Do these messages seem to correlate with the lags you experience?

If you’re asking if the 2 second gap corresponded with a 2 second lag in 5.1.3, then yes, perhaps. This version is pretty much constantly behaving sluggishly, but there were a couple of times that it would take a little longer. The Macbook was showing a clock/watch where the cursor is in these cases; normally, 5.1.3 is just sluggish without the Macbook indicating explicitly with symbols.

Hi. I definitively saw a global sluggishness of Gramps very similar to what is described here, on my side.
I had put that on the account of my new Apple Silicon Mac (and the fact that Gramps is still an Intel binary), but in fact I don’t think I used it on my previous (Intel) Mac since macOS 11.4 came out.
So it looks like it is the same issue…

[Edit] I tested Gramps 5.1.2, and it works perfectly, as reported by @sebsterner

Here, I’m running gramps 5.1.3-4 on Mac mini M1, 11.4 and it is running fine and responsive, including in full screen mode. Gramps dmg was downloaded from GitHub.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.