Place dates not working

While playing around with the 5.2 Beta, I noticed that Place dates weren’t working. Always using the primary place location. I then went over to my windows machine and checked to see if 5.1.6 was working. It’s doing the same thing. Entered the bef and after dates for several locations and checked by entering different dates, Places stays locked to primary. Going to download a older version of gramps and give it a try.

I thought that Place name adapting to Event dates was used while generating reports, not in the views?

1 Like

When displaying the place of an event, the event date should be used. Where there is no date the primary place name is used as a fallback.

Played around for two hours. Imported a copy of my database and was cleaning up places. Found out if you select a place and open a event referencing it, the place isn’t by date, but present location even though you have already entered a date. You have to go to person screen to see actual location change. That was what was confusing me as it made me think the the place wasn’t changing. I’m sure this is how Gramps was designed to do. Now I know what is going on, I can get back to updating place dates for name and place changes. Everything else is working great, not a single glitch since beta 2 came out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.