Pedigree view "indicator" that there is a media item

Is there a way in Pedigree view to quickly know if there is any media item(s) associated with a person or event? For example I can see the “union/marriage” indicator in the Pedigree view but I can’t immediately tell, without going digging into it, if there is a media item (such as a wedding photo) for that event. Even something like an * after the oo symbol. Using Gramps 5.1.6 & Win10.

This has Media indicated in 2 ways in the Charts category’s Pedigee view mode:

In the View → Configure…, the layout tab, the checkbox options to Show images and Show tags have both be selected.

In Person view, use Edit → Tag → Organize Tags… to add a Tag (called Media and colored Gold) and move Up to the top of the Tag list

Created a “Has Media” Custom Rule to look for People with at least 1 media object:

Used the Add/Remove Tags… addon tool to tag People who match the “Has Media” rule with a “Media” tag. Which results in a Pedigree view for the Example.gramps sample tree. (Added a Media object to the Home Person’s maternal grandmother. Just so it represents a case where the box is too small for the Media preview.)

I see your method changes the person box from pink/blue to gold to indicate there is media attached to the person (which is helpful, so thx). What I’m referring to is showing an indicator at the union symbol between two people.

That only has text information about the marriage fallback. (Including a character to indicate the relationship type: married, divorced, et cetera.) There is no additional indicator built into the Pedigree view.

You could do a set of complex Custom Filters to tag the spouses of a Family. But it would be a LOT more complex than the last one described.

Or for a list view, you could do an Events filter to find Marriage with a Media/Gallery item.

The CardView experimental View Modes addon has better and more versatile indicators:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.