Need help setting up the synchronization of Gramps with Grampsweb

Text automatically translated from French (original text below)

Hello.

I opened an account on grampshub.com while waiting to get a proper computer.

Today, I have a new computer (running Windows 11) and a brand-new Gramps, but I can’t get my Gramps/computer to communicate with my online data.

I need help setting up synchronization between Gramps and Grampsweb.

Desktop Gramps version: AIO64-6.0.8–1, grampsweb version on grampshub: 6.0.8

I tried to follow the procedure indicated here: Synchroniser avec Gramps - Gramps Web (installing the Gramps Web Sync addon…), but I get stuck in the Gramps settings on my computer.

I am unable to fill in the fields “server, port number, database path”.

I can provide screenshots if needed.


Original text.

Hello.
I opened an account on grampshub.com while waiting to get a proper computer.
Today, I have a new computer (running Windows 11) and a brand-new Gramps, but I can’t get my Gramps/computer to communicate with my online data.
I need help setting up synchronization between Gramps and Grampsweb.
Desktop Gramps version: AIO64-6.0.8–1, grampsweb version on grampshub: 6.0.8
I tried to follow the procedure indicated here: Synchroniser avec Gramps - Gramps Web (installing the Gramps Web Sync addon…), but I get stuck in the Gramps settings on my computer. I am unable to fill in the fields “server, port number, database path”.
I can provide screenshots if needed.

Hi!

Have you installed the Gramps Web Sync addon using the extension manager in Gramps desktop?

Best,
David

Yes I have, can you help me ? :slight_smile:

I’ll try my best! Please provide a screenshot, I am puzzled where you are actually stuck then.

Grampshub :

Gramps dekstop :

I see, thanks!

Please do not change anything under Arbre familial. GrampsWebApiDb is a new community project that builds on Gramps Web API. It has nothing to with Gramps Web Sync.

To use Gramps Web Sync, please open (sorry, not sure what the Frech translation is): Tools > Family Tree Processing > Gramps Web Sync.

Ohlala! I wasn’t in danger of making it! The synchronization went well. Thank you very much!