Narrated Web Site does not show toponymic change properly in the index of places

Toponymic change is the process of altering, replacing, or shifting geographical place names—such as cities, towns, and streets—over time. It was exceptionally intensive during the 19th and 20th centuries, driven by the collapse of massive empires, world wars and the other reasons. Consider city Sitka, Alaska:


The city was called New Archangel and belong to Russian America which was overseas colonial possession of Russian Empire till 18 october 1867. After that it became Sitka, Alaska, USA.

Narrated Web Site shows the person which was born in New Archangel, Russian America, Russia in 1860 and died in Stika, Alaska, USA in 1890 correctly:

But in the index of places, New Archangel is shown as enclosed by Alaska, USA, which is wrong:

My attempts to change the dates of enclose etc were futile.

Here is the family tree I created
data.gramps (2,4 КБ)

I’ve opened bug 0014325

2 Likes

Can confirm I am able to replicate the issue. Added comment in bug ticket with possible fix.