Media missing from Events in Narrated Web Site and Complete Individual Report

(GRAMPS: GrampsAIO64-5.1.3-2; Python: 3.6.4 (default, Jan 23 2018, 13:17:37); BSDDB: 6.1.0 (6, 0, 30); sqlite: 3.21.0 (2.6.0); LANG: en_GB.UTF-8; OS: Windows)

I have added some media to about 12 people and some work and some don’t. I have found that any media that is attached to an event ie Electoral Roll do not show in either ‘Narrated Web Site’ or ‘Complete Individual Report’. The Media loaded in the person appears to work in the web site however and media attached to an event does not.

In the ‘Complete Individual Report’ only pictures ie not pdf work for those loaded to people and the ones loaded against events do not show.

I have a number of media in the ‘Below unused media objects’ in the Narrated Web Site report however the number in this list is not all the images that do not show.

All the images appear in the Media tab in Gramps. They all appear in the Media tab in the Narrated Web Site and list the correct event in ‘References’. Those attached to an Event does not have any details listed in the ‘Photo Tagging’ within Gramps.

I attached an Electoral Roll image, imported and attached to an event, to the Gallery for the person and it them showed in both the Web Site and Complete Individual Report. I tried the same with a pdf and it showed in the web site but not the Complete Individual Report.

I’m not overly worried if it does not show in the Complete Individual Report (although it would be good) but I really need to get it working in the Narrated Web Site.

Many thanks in advance.

Les

Can you create a bug report and attach a small part of your data reproducing the problem in .gramps format.

Hi, Does that mean to log the issue at My View - Gramps - Bugtracker – Free Genealogy Software (gramps-project.org) ?

Also where is the .gramps format file located and how do I create such a file? Is it a file that is created when I run the report, etc?

Thanks but I am not knowledgable on the technical side og Gramps.

Yes. The issue in the bugtracker lets Serge manage his Pull Requests and Commits on GitHub. Not to mention helps him with an exact process to reproduce the issue.

To give him a small sample, do a filtered export.

Make the custom filter:

• select 2 people that show the issue
  • copy them to the clipboard
  • select them on the clipboard
  • choose Create Filter from the person selected... from the right-click context menu
  • Name the filter, and
  • click OK.

Export them:

• choose Export... from the Family Trees menu
  • choose Gramps XML Package (family tree and media) in Choose the output format
  • select your Custom Filter in the Person Filter: pop-up menu of Export options, and
  • note where the .gpkg file is to be saved.

Brian, Thanks for instructions. Have logged Bug report on system :

• 13106: Media not showing in Complete Individual Report and Narrated Web Site.

Thanks

There is no problem for the narrative web.
If you want to see these media, in the “William Pittman” person page, click on “Baptism” for the October 23, 1785 Baptism event.

For the Complete individual report, this feature is not implemented.

1 Like

Many thanks. I, for some reason, thought that all media would show for person but I am fine with the response.

Many thanks

Les

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.