Is there any way to increase the font size?

Hello. I have a family tree for 120 people, and I want them all on one big poster. When building: Reports → Graphs → Relationship graph, I choose the paper size A0, and I choose the maximum font size - 128. This A0 format, before printing on the printer, I split into 18 A4 sheets. And after printing on paper, I get a very small text, it is convenient to read the names only with a magnifying glass. Is there any way to increase the font size?

I have not played with the font size, however I did find that the font size changed based on how many generation you define per page. Try 4 generations per page to see if that is acceptable. It will generate many pages which you will have to cut and tape together to make one big display.

Are you using Gramps to split into seperate sheets? If so, the scaling is ususally pretty appropriate to the size of the graph (after the sheets are pasted together).

I’ve done this several times with many more than 120 people, and as long as the total page width and/or height doesn’t exceed 200 inches (a limitation of the pdf), it works fine.

On the Relationship graph dialog, “Graphviz Layout” tab, set “Number of Horizontal pages” and similar for vertical pages. And set your paper size to be what your printer actually uses.

This has been asked several times before with responses suggesting to output the charts in one of the scalable image formats instead of a print format like PDF. And then to go back with graphics editing software and tweak the font size. (Similar to suggestions to do the same for box placements when the boxes for siblings don’t auto-arrange in a pleasant way.)

This seems like a bug for large (and even smaller) pagesizes. The fontsize adaptation to the shape size seems to be flawed when you get to 3rd and 4th generation in a Fan chart.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.