Is PDF export of a family chart chart and/or text list possible with Gramps?

Hello, my Gramps version is 5.1.5, Windows 10. I am new to family tree building and Gramps, so here is my question - is PDF export of a family chart chart and/or text list possible with Gramps? If positive, what are the steps? Thank you!

If you select your report or chart then Under Option there is usually an Output Format Choice which generally includes a PDF Document be aware Charts can be huge and not really suitable for viewing this way
Phil

1 Like

comeng, Thank you! Now I’m happy to learn there IS such option in Gramps.

As already noted by @comeng charts can be very big so if you are planning on printing the PDFs you’ve created then:

• in the print dialog of your PDF reader application
  • you need to choose the option called something like ‘tile large pages’
  • and then adjust the option called something like ‘zoom’ to control the number of pages that chart is spread across.

However, if you are asking about creating PDFs because you want to use them as a means of quickly visualising your tree then you might prefer to investigate the ‘Interactive Family Tree’ Add-on:
https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/Addon:Interactive_Family_Tree

You can also use the SVG option and then open the file with your browser
I used to work in engineering and we had plotters A0 width with rolls of
paper rather than cut sheets.
I looked at one of my charts and decided at 60m (yes metres) long the
chances of the ink cartridges surviving was minimal and the time to
print probably would require a holiday weekend.
Although if you want to produce a scroll then it was fine
Phil

On 04/04/2024 16:43, Gramps 5.1.6 on Win 10 desktop PC & Win 11 laptop
via The Gramps Project (Discourse Forum & Mailing List) wrote:

This often more desirable than PDF because you are usually going to want to tweak the output before committing it to a permanent form for publication.

The re-positioning of boxes in a chart might improve the context communicated. Or you might want to add a Header, Footer or color key.