Help with shared citations

5.1.5 on win10
Mental block. I have not been able to figure out how to do this by reading the help text.
In person view, I create a Birth event with no citation.
I then create a Baptism event and add the Baptism record. In the record it has the birth date, so I would like to share that record as the citation in the previously created Birth even (without creating a duplicate)
I don’t understand the steps needed for this to happen. Do I share it from the Baptism event or the Birth event, or somehow not obvious to me. TIA

Too much New Year’s partying!!!

In this case, it is the Citation you are sharing.

Copy the citation from the Baptism to the Clipboard.

Copy the citation from the clipboard to the Birth event.

or…

Open both events and copy the Citation from one to the other.

That creates a duplicate. I want to know how the “shared” feature works.

You have created the citation in the Baptism event. Citation Id C0001.

You drag-n-drop Citation C0001 from the Baptism event record to the Clipboard. Note: Citation C001 will remain in the event record.

You open the Birth event and d-n-d Citation C0001 from the Clipboard into the Birth event’s Source Citations tab.

Two events. One Citation.

or after creating the citation for the baptism event, you can open the birth event and its Source Citations tab and Add an existing citation or source. You can then seek through existing source/citations to select record C0001. (hint: d-n-d is easier).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.