Actually Maps generated by “Narrative Web Site” Report and OpenStreetMap choosen as Map-Service are empty. First thought I have to configure somehow, but didn’t find anything. Any ideas how to make OpenStreetMap work ith Narrative Web Site Report ?
Is your link to OSM http: or https: ? I remember having had problems with that and I patched NarrativeWeb generator. But it may also happen when I query the pages from another computer on the LAN, i.e. a reference to the local server + references to OSM. Under some circumstances, the browser may object, suspecting an XSS attack, and may refuse to display the map.
You may also need to adjust your firewall configuration to allow “mixed” data sources for the pages.
It seems to be a bug in NarWeb. I first had trouble with
Google when they changed their terms and conditions for use
of Google Earth; but Open Street Map was still functioning
in early July this year. Now I have the same problem as you
blank Map pages even with Open Street Map. It’s reported
as issue #0012680 on the BugTracker.
Let’s hope there’s an early solution!
Are you able to look at the network tab in the browser debugger and see if it’s actually trying to request map tiles from openstreetmap.org? and if it is exactly what URLs it is using and what HTTP response code it is getting?
That looks like it is OpenLayers failing to load rather than the tiles for the OpenStreetMap case so that is likely a problem with the generated site not including ol.js and ol.css in the right place given that it’s getting a 404 error for them.
Microsoft recently made some account credentials changes that affect internet access. (Persistent log-ins are more problematic now. It is necessary to repeatedly log-in for the Gramps wiki during a session now. And I am getting booted from the Element/Riot forum too.)
Perhaps these map server problems are symptoms of those credentialing changes?
Thanks for posting the adoptions in the bug report:
If you want to continue to use openlayers, you need to change the following lines:
in the place.py from the webreport directory
replace “latest” by “v6.15.1” at lines 387 and 390
and in person.py in the same directory
replace “latest” by “v6.15.1” at lines 722 and 725
Then you create the report again.
Please could you explain how to find the “webreport directory” resp. place.py person.py. I can find frame_place.py and page_place.py, but those are wrong
I think I’ll add an option for 5.2
by default, the “latest” version is the best choice.
I added an optional value which will be available for 5 or 6 years.
Changing the gramps.ini will permit to change this value.