Help with Display on decendant tree report

Win 10
Gramps v5.1.2

Hi,
I’m trying to add more information to my Descendant reports. Nothing is working for me when trying to add a birth date and a residence. I’ve tried multiple iterations as per the information online, adding $b, $B and $a[residence] as examples. However nothing is working for me. Can someone please give me a good example of how to add this information please?
Regards,
John

Where provide a link please , are you referring to the user manual or a random mailing list message?

Hi,
Thanks for the response. So I’ve followed the details in the substitution section about adding information like b. $b{ at $B}. The birth date is filled in for the user, however it comes back blank on the descendant tree report. Could you give me an example of how to get this onto a report? e.g. what exact field to fill in on the user’s information, and then exactly what substitution value to write in the display section of the descendant tree report.
Regards,
John

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.