Graphview: need an additional note / graphview um um eine Bemerkung / Notiz erweitern

Gramps 5.1.4 Windows 10
Hallo!
I like to work with the graphview.
I would like to have added a small note to the output, e.g. “butcher, died of typhus”, only a few characterizing remarks.

Kann man die Box von Graphview um eine Anmerkung erweitern? Bei manchen Vorfahren sind nur
wenige Fakten bekannt, die verschwinden dann nach der Eingabe unter Notiz und sind nicht an der “Oberfläche”

Danke
JJL

Right now there is no way to display a note with GraphView. Being able to display (short) notes in graphs would be a very useful feature. Maybe it will be added in future.

I wonder how you’d do a GUI for adding annotations to a Charts view?

You can add web content to some of the web reports with HTML type notes… but that a different animal entirely.

Maybe there could be a sticky note (Post-it) type feature for Charts view? (There are a number of Python libraries for that.) But how would flag notes that you wanted re-populated automatically?

Hello!
I simply would like:
GraphView
configure the active view
layout
show places
show full date
show note <------------- something like this

Thank you
JJL

If you have tags on a person, it shows a bar of colour and you can hover over to see what the tag is called, bad idea to use it for something else than actual tags tho.

If notes are added to it, it has to be on a spesific node as the view changes based on selected person.

Maybe a button you press, and you get a selection of notes that you can select to be shown?

Or, I place what the person died as in the death event, option to show the description of the death event, rather than just date?

You could turn on the Gramplet bottombar and add the Notes Gramplet. Or detach/undock the Gramplet so that the Bottombar can be hidden or show a different Gramplet.

I like to have the QuickView Gramplet open, set to the the Biography Quick Report.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.