Gramps is blocked

Hi, I am using Gramps 51 under linux, KDE Neon 5.27
Normally I start Gramps with the diagrams tab or relations tab, which are the most used by me. Today while I was running the program I switched to the main board tab, then an empty board appeared and everything got blocked.
I restarted the computer, installed all system pending updates, but the problem does not disappear. Now each time I open Gramps I just see the empty board tab, everything seems to be frozen, and I am unable to do anything. I also tried to open previous backups but nothing changes.
Thanks for your help!

It seems likely that your preferences file(s) has somehow become corrupted.

Notice that your screen-capture shows 2 categories (Tabelro/Dashboard and Personas/People) are highlighted in the Navigator sidebar. Normally only 1 (the Active view) is highlighted after a click on the Navigator sidebar. This indicates that there is a problem switching between these categories.

You will have to clean the corruption manually. Restarting (or even reinstalling) will not resolve this kind of issue.

• You have to do a manual edit of the gramps.ini file. (You could delete this file. But it contains preferences that are easy to overlook. Simply delete the block starting with [interface])
  • delete the .ini files (the main, sidebar and bottombar initialization files) related to both of the 2 affected views.

For the Gramps 5.1.x versions, these are in the gramps51 sub-directory of the Gramps User Directory.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.