Gramps as a classroom exercise for QA training

You might notice a number of new people posting MantisBT bug reports and triage notes in the last few weeks.

@ytsyg (Yuri) is a DataArt QA Pro mentoring at the QA School for Artsakh Women (Yerevan, Armenia) who has kindly offered to contribute to our project and give students real-world software QA experience.

There are already been a number of Reports filed and positive responses to their work.

If you see fresh reports, please dive in and give quick and patient feedback to the Reporters. MantisBT isn’t the easiest tool for finding previously filed reports on the same subject. So be tolerant of new Reporter issues.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up.

@ytsyg Super cool to have additional eyes on the project! Curious, will your students/mentees be testing the software and filing new issues, or are they also looking at and triaging existing issues?

In case your group hasn’t see it, this wiki (and the pages it links to) is a good resource: Using the Bug Tracker

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the link, @codefarmer
I saw it previously, however just noticed there are two tickets in MantisBT with the documentation.

I’ve suggested students to look at existing bugs fixed in 5.2 and those in “feedback” status as a starting point for several tasks:

• improve the bug report, provide additional info, etc.
  • write a test case (I provided a template/sample)
  • apply black-box test design techniques to generate tests around the related functionality. A checklist is expected as a result. Maybe new bugs as well. I know there are some new ones filed.

Students are mostly in progress with test design task.
I refrain from tasks like “find a bug” - since number of bugs may not help, but rather be duplicates or enhancement requests, etc.

PS
Ideally a test manager tool can be applied to store test cases, track executions, etc.
That is how it is managed in many commercial projects.
Seems unreal in this case…

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.