Generating a report

My operating system is MacOS BigSur 11.6.1 and I’m using Gramps 5.1.3
When using the report for Family Descendant Report I did something to change the presets for the program. I’m not great at computers so I will describe my problem. Normally when I go to create a report I make my report selections from the family tree. Example Family descendant report. A family descendant tree report box will pop up showing Report for person selected , number of generations and level of spouse. Originally with the program preset when I clicked on the Ok tab it would bring up another box with print, preview , pinter selection '. This box no longer comes up. What I get now is a box with File already exists -gramps. Previous if I selected print to file the pdf would show up in documents. Of course I can no longer do this. If anyone knows the solution to my problem I would be grateful. If you need more clarification I will do my best.
John

Hello and welcome! Yes, it seems that even if you select “Output format: Print…” it still wants to save the results in a file. You can chose to let it overwrite the file or cancel and enter a new file name.

Thanks for your reply.

Previously when I wanted to send a new report to documents it would overwrite the file unless I gave it another name.

Also I do not get the box with the option to print to a printer or print to a file.

John

You were correct the file input needs to be in print. Upon reuse it deferes to overwriting the old file.

Thanks for all your help

John

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.