Forms listing single entries and not all entries

GRAMPS: 5.1.3
Python: 3.8.5 (default, Jul 28 2020, 12:59:40) […
BSDDB: 6.2.7 (5, 3, 28)
sqlite: 3.31.1 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
Distribution: 5.4.0-65-generic

I am reviewing my research adding any missing or newly available data and have come across a number of instances of where previously entered Forms Data, such as for the US 1920 Census, that I have entered in full is now only showing the entry for the individuals.

For Example.
Where I had previously entered all six residents of an address, along with reference details for the Form and that list of individuals is available if I select any of the individuals entered for that address and select the Form Grampet in the People View and select Edit for the Form and all occupants of that address where then visible in the Form.

But now only the Individual selected in the People view is shown in the Form and this is rue for each person that should be listed in the Form.

If I delete the Form Event from each individual and then recreate the Form then the Form data is displayed correctly once again but this is a very time consuming way to address this problem. Yes I could go to a backup but I haven no idea of when this problem occurred or how many Forms data has this problem, so even going to a backup could be very time consuming.

So is there a way to rebuild the Forms data?

If you unlink census event from individuals or delete census event from events view you’ll get the same thing: data typed in form editor and stored (in attributes) within the link/relation between census event and individuals is lost. So linking again event to individuals don’t recreate lost data.

After unlinking or deleting that event your only choice to get data back is backup restoration.

Thanks I appreciate that I was using this as an example to show that the Form grampet is working correctly but there has obviously been some corruption of the data to cause the Forms data to display incorrectly. I hope someone will be able to help me easily correct this corruption.

What kind of corruption? Don’t you modify census description (fields name) in xml file? Or attributes name in top part of census event?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.