Error message for master (Themes addon)

Downloaded latest code from master repository. Everything looking good. When I click on preference I’m getting the following error message.

2023-07-29 18:30:46.401: ERROR: grampsapp.py: line 173: Unhandled exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/moorob/grampdev/gramps/gramps/gui/viewmanager.py”, line 681, in preferences_activate
GrampsPreferences(self.uistate, self.dbstate)
File “/home/moorob/.gramps/gramps52/plugins/Themes/themes.py”, line 111, in init
self.add_behavior_panel,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘GrampsPreferences’ object has no attribute ‘add_behavior_panel’

The 5.1 and 5.2 preferences are going to be incompatible. As are the databases. So you don’t want these 2 versions cross-pollinating.

5.2 hasn’t been released into public beta yet. So refinements (like segregating the .ini files in the User Directory… or not failing when trying to reading incompatible .ini files… or not trying to automatically update your version 19 5.1.x database schema to the version 20 of the 5.2.x version)

You should have these versions in separate VMs. This alpha version is high risk. And the Beta will be too. (Or it would be release, rather than in beta.)

This is on a fresh install of Manjaro with no other gramps installations. Deleting everything and cloning the repository, preference works fine. On save and then exiting Gramps, when restart, I then get the above error message. The Gramps I’m using for day to day is on another hard drive and OS so no mixing. The reason I’m messing with 5.2 is to be ready for when it comes out in Aug so I can move over to it quickly. 5.2 has features I’ve been wanting for a long time and what I see so far, 5.2 is going to smoke the 5.1 versions.

I had the same reasons for diving in a bit early too. Since there is a beta, I wanted to be ready for that cycle.

I saw something similar after triying to install the Themes add-on. And it adds a panel to the Preferences. Have you installed addons?

Yes I did. Didn’t think to look at that since themes had always been in preference. When I can get to my other computer, I’ll take a look and remove the Themes addon.

1 Like

The Themes addon has not been updated to work with 5.2. That may be true for other addons as well.

Can the Theme addon’s .gpr.py be tweaked to version 5.1 in the 5.2 addons listings/downloads until (if?) it is upgraded?

I had not yet discovered others that don’t work.

The Themes addon adds itself to the tabs found in Preferences and the tab names must agree. When I reworked the Preferences file, I also set the Themes for the changed tabs. I have not checked to see if others made more changes that need to be accounted for.

The Addon Manager was 1st set to a separate tab in Preferences. Then spun out to its own Menu Item.
There are 11 tabs in Preferences:

1. Data
  2. General
  3. Family Tree
  4. Import
  5. Limits
  6. Colors
  7. Genealogical Symbols
  8. ID Formats
  9. Text
  10. Warnings
  11. Researcher

bug reported:
0012940: [Addon:Themes] incompatible with 5.2beta1 - Gramps - Bugtracker

1 Like

Thank you.

This has now been fixed in commit 4eba3ce.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.