Charts / Graph View / Save (SVG): confusing <title> tags

I sometimes use and like very much the ability to export small bits of my family tree as svg for inclusion in other website pages. I use Charts / Graph View / Save (SVG), and use the resulting svg file into an html page and it works well.

However, when I load the resulting html page, and hover the mouse over the area created by the SVG, I get (what MS would call) tooltips (which, on inspection of the SVG code) come from the title tags in the SVG with long text strings. The information is fairly incomprehensible to the typical reader (e.g. _d656c58c8f6285ab1488fd7aa74->_d656cab6c4648d6bcf29ab36094), and I have no idea what it means.

I could edit it out, but there are often quite a number of title tags. I edit one or two manually, particularly the main title, but it would be a lot of work, and it would be nice to have something more meaningful automatically.

1. what does the (incomprehensible) information in the SVG title tags mean
  2. is it possible to change the information in the title tags to something relevant or meaningful, either on a blanket or individual basis

Here is a url for a sample of what I’m talking about, with an html page showing the svg item and then the code below it: http://hargersinsettle.co.uk/temp/svg_example/

TIA

GRAMPS: AIO64-5.1.4-1
Python: 3.6.4 (default, Jan 23 2018, 13:17:37) …
BSDDB: 6.1.0 (6, 0, 30)
sqlite: 3.21.0 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8

This is very similar to unique internal identifiers in Gramps data: handlers. Probably references used in SVG code to name anchors or objects.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.