After new installation/computer Gramps doesn't remember last view when restarting

Gramps 5.1.6 in Siduction (Debian)

As the topic say, after a new install Gramps don’t remember last view. And yes, the box for remembering last view is checked.

A guess is that the .ini file is corrupted and failing to be updated with the last used view. Try quitting Gramps, re-naming the gramps.ini and the re-starting Gramps.

To test, you’ll have to re-choose that preference setting, then change views and restart Gramps.

If Gramps starts remembering the view again, open the old gramps.ini and read through to find what items you need to reset in the interface. (Like date format, relationship default and ID formats.)

If re-naming did NOT resolve the recalling the view, then restore the old gramps.ini and we’ll try something else.

That didn’t work, and maybe I’m thinking wrong. It depends what “view” refers to? I want to get back to the family/person I was working with/looking at last. Now Gramps always starts with the person that is chosen to be “home-person” (translated from Swedish)

Try installing the Restore History (RestoreHist) addon from the third-party addons repository.

There is a brief mention of it in the Navigation - Go section of the manual.

1 Like

Ahh. I tend to keep the “Latest Changes” built-in or “Last modified” add-on gramplet in the Dasboard for getting back to where i was in the previous session.

A 10 person history feels more useful.

OK, I did install one of this “Restore History” addons, I don’t know which really because its in Swedish and the names are translated. Now it works as I want to. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.