Access to the relationship data, as shown on the People screen

Hello, I want something like the Kinship Report, but in reverse. Rather than showing each relationship, and the ‘members’ of that group, I want an alphabetical list of people, and their relationship to me as Home Person.

I’d thought of copying the data from the bottom left corner of Person Screen for each person and assigning it SOMEWHERE as an attribute, but that seems a lot of work.

thanks, Martin

There are multiple Relationships possible. So it might be problematic to have a list view showing the Relationship.

There are some tools that give a narrow peek.

You can set Preferences Display Options to show Relationship to home person in the status bar.

You can use the Relationship Calculator tool. But it doesn’t filter to the those that have a relationship. And the relationship detail is shown one-at-a-time.

The specification for the tool describes some of the objectives.

For Gramps 5.x.x

The relationship calculator Logic is the same as Gramps version 4.x.
Here are the rules the language-specific plugins must obey to be compatible with the framework:
You need to make localized versions of the methods:

1. get_single_relationship_string (used on Quick Views/Reports)
  2. get_sibling_relationship_string (used on Relationship Calculator tool and on Status Bar)
  3. get_plural_relationship_string (used on Kinship Report)
  4. get_partner_relationship_string - only make a localized version of this if the gettext translation present in Relationship.py is not sufficient