Why does Addon Manager always offer an Update?

I’ve installed the release version of 5.2 on Fedora 39 and installed most of the available addons.

However, one addon immediately shows that an Update is available … yet it refuses to install the update.

The Addon Manager (filtered for Updates) shows an installed 1.0.30 All Names of All People quickview addon and offers a 1.0.31 version. But clicking the Update button does nothing.

Does update work for anyone?

I’m not really interested in using this QuickView. Just curious why it will not update.

The QuickView seems to serve no Purpose. Why would you need an unfiltered list of all names in a Tree? I could see value if it did a list of a Filtered People view… Then you could filter to just the Ancestors or Descendants of a particular person.

Besides, the QuickView chokes on the Example.gramps file. It tries to show 2160 names… which exceeds the 1,000 table row limit. So the window has refresh errors. The screen capture below doesn’t show it but the title bar has a transparent backdrop & fills with un-erased window borders as you drag the window around.
filed bug on failure in the addon -
0013195: QuickView tables with choke with too many rows

The listings file had a later version than the download file. I have rebuilt the addon.

1 Like

Thank you for the rebuild of the addon. The update button worked now.