Visualization of godfathers/godmothers/witnesses (linked in events)

Windows 10 x64 Pro Gramps AIO64-5.1.6-1

I’m ‘stuck’ in my family tree and currently trying to gather some metadata around certain persons. Metadata: trying to find out via godfather(s)/godmother(s), witnesses of marriage etc… if I can find more info.

Now I use the visual reports to create a pdf file with the familytree/database, but the problem is that this doesn’t include people linked to events.

Is there a way to visualize this?

I would be happy if each “balloon”/“node” which represents a person has some extra lines “Witness: Foo Bar”, “Godmother: X Y”… so that I would be able to print it out and manually draw connections.

I don’t worry if we have two persons and one witness if the same name is added there as text to the two persons. I just want something visual so that I can print it out and work on that to better understand the relations (as it gets complex with several marriages and many children :slight_smile: )

Any suggestions? Any graphviz tweaks or specific report add-ons ?

There’s another recent thread discussing adding the participants with Non-Primary roles to some reports.

In the Events views, you can use the References gramplet to make these Participants more visible too.

1 Like

You might want to convert to gender-free terms like “Godparent”. It make for less complex searches. Since the definitive Gender is already an attribute of the Person, the gender is superfluous in the Role or Association.

I understand, but I’m not into Woke :smiley_cat: . godfather/godmother is much clearer to me.
When I look at the child I directly know it is a male or female which is the god(mother/father) without having to know who it is.

I want to have it in a (graphviz) tree… as I print these out. so i’m looking for such a solution, not for a gramplet. (but nice to know this makes it more visible)

I’m a bit annoyed by the Woke movement. The assumption that any innocent precision is malicious profiling is aggravating.

But multiple target searches become very complex with boolean operations. But they are simple when there is only 1 target.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.