Shared icon in list

Looking at the event list for a person, there’s an icon showing that a source is attached. It would be beneficial to have a column to show that an event is shared and how many times.

A reasonable implementation might be to re-order the columns slightly and re-purpose the “Main Participants” column.

It seems redundant to re-list the name of the Person in the Person editor.

If Role column preceded the Main Participants column, and Main Participants was renamed “Participants” (or “Other Participants”) with a count and the list (without the person being edited), then the column becomes more informative.

So the following dialog:

becomes less cluttered and more informative:

I was looking at say shared census event, having a shared column that displays the number of people who share that events. If 5 family members share this event, then display a 5 in that column.

That is what the mockup does. In the example.gramps file, the only event that has more than 2 sharing it is the highlighted Birth of Thorrton, James Arthur. It has 3 participants: the Primary (Thornton), a Witness (Jankowski, Margaret Jane “Maggie”), an Informant (Garner, Raymond E.)

With 3 participants, the column starts with "3 - " and follows with the Primary(ies)

Sorry my eyesight, I didn’t make out the the bottom image until I clicked on it, that would work.

1 Like