Searching for other than names

It is possible to search for other categories besides Gramps names?

Can you clarify that question? You can search by just about anything.

In Gramps, we call each different view in the Navigator a “category”. But “Names” are not a category, they are a set of secondary attributes under the People category.

What do you mean by category? (What exactly do you wish to search?)

Hello. I would like to search for the people I have in the tree of a certain geographical location

Finding the People with Events in a particular Place is the goal of one of the example custom filters in the Wiki. It requires a multi-stage filter:

Example 3. “Timeline” of all people associated with a particular place

Alot of information, thanks

Manel

El 8 març 2022, a les 18:09, Brian McCullough via The Gramps Project (Discourse Forum & Mailing List) <notifications@gramps.discoursemail.com> va escriure:

| emyoulation
March 8 |

• | - |

Finding the People with Events in a particular Place is the goal of one of the example custom filters in the Wiki. It requires a multi-stage filter:

Example 3. “Timeline” of all people associated with a particular place

Visita el tema o respon a aquest correu per a contestar.

Per a cancel·lar la subscripció d’aquests correus, feu clic aquí.

Manel Gallén Castillo
belluguet@gmail.com

1 Like

If you are going to experiment with multi-stage custom filters, I strongly suggest that you:

FilterParams eliminates the confusion over which filter rule output flows into another filter.

Also, it may be the only Cancel that successfully aborts a Gramps operation which shows a progressbar.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.