Relationship view - * and oo

I didn’t create thos symbols, they are already defined:

etc

Perhaps it would be possible to have a way to let the user choose what he want to display

2 Likes

That would help!

The selection option for the Death symbol was an obvious priority… it was needed to mitigate religious bias. (Thanks for including that option! The Skull&Crossbones seemed a more universal choice than the Cross.)

If this selection feature was expanded to all the symbols, it would be nice if such an option still allowed a (limited) text option for each. Perhaps with the choices being a file stored with the localization options?

I did immediately hack the birth symbol after installing the update… because the asterisk is already used for filters as a wildcard. Mine was set back to ‘b.’ But it would be nice to not have to rehack that after each update.

If we’re using a selectable symbol font, does our PDF generation include an embed fonts option? ( “ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)” or bitmapped text for nonstandard fonts)

At them moment, PDF generation with the symbols doesn’t apply for our reports, as I don’t think anything we print uses the symbols. They are only used in some of the views. And only a couple of views support printing. In that case, printing to PDF depends on the OS printer support, I have no idea if font embedding is available there.

1 Like

I made a PR with some improvement: https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/996

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.