Records gramplet - is it possible to apply filters?

Hi all.
A small question - is it possible to apply filters for Records gramplet? I would like get statistic for one surname only. Thanks.

This is a whole database gramplet. Absent a major hack of the code (way beyond my skills) I see no way to accomplish your desires.

But it is a whole database app so give it a database of your choosing.

Create a filter identifying your desired individuals. Create a .gramps (XML) EXPORT using the filter for the people and set the References filter to Do not include records not linked to a selected person. Then import this export into a new database.

Not ideal because any changes you want to make based upon the app’s output would need to be made to the full database.

An alternative is to think about designing the filters that return the various Records results where you can add a filter for the subset of people. It is not one app returning various results but many filters each returning one of those results.

Not knowing what you hope to accomplish using the app it is hard to recommend which option you should take.

1 Like

@DaveSch I will explain a bit what I want. I’m writing a book about my descendants by one surname only. And my book contains a chapter about the last … the best …, the earliest …, the longest … persons, etc … This is exactly this plugin statistics. But my db contains a lot of surnames from all my tree branches.
I also thought, that maybe I should create separate databases for each my branch. But anyway, one branch could contain a lot of different surnames. And also, I have cases when a person is in the database already, but according to his surname he could be included to one or another branch, or even to both of them. Maybe it sounds strange, but it is so. So, I’m not sure that separate databases by tree branches is a good idea.

But your idea about export-import sounds as a solution for me. I will try it. Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.