Network Chart Addon

I have installed Gramps on Kubuntu 23 and on my main system running Mac OS 12.7.3 (Monterey). Mac installation via Mac Ports. Gramps version 5.1.6 on both systems. My question is simple :slightly_smiling_face: Where is Network Chart?

I have looked through all addons listed in Edit\Preferences\Check For Updated Addons and can’t see it listed there. Checked Help\Plugin Manager and it isn’t listed there either. Mac or Linux.

Any pointers will be appreciated
Peter

Can you confirm you have installed the Prerequisites mentioned on the support page?

Please install the Prerequisites Checker Gramplet and paste the results here?

1 Like

I haven’t when you replied, but I have now (this is on Linux box) :slightly_smiling_face:. Installed both networkx and pygraphviz following instructions.
Prerequisites checker shows this:

Optional packages required by Third-party Addons
Prerequistes required for the following Third-party Addons to work:

1. Addon:Family Sheet : (PILLOW 10.0.0)
  2. Addon:Graph View : (GooCanvas:2.0)(PyGoocanvas: TBD?)(Graphviz 2.43)
  3. Addon:PedigreeChart : (NumPy : 1.24.2 )
  4. Addon:Network Chart : (networkx 2.8.8)(Graphviz 2.43)
    and one of either: (pydotplus: not installed) or (pygraphviz: 1.7)

I note that the version on networkx that my system pulled is higher than 1, but hoped that maybe Network Chart addon has been updated by now and if not, it would give me an error. Meanwhile I still don’t see it listed as available addon, so no progress.
Unless it is possible to install it outside of the Gramps environmet?

You mentioned in the first message:

and your second message:

Can you confirm the setting shown match the screenshot on the following page please?

Note that it is really important that you uncheck the Do not ask about previously notified addons check box.

The most likely reason that you’re not seeing it listed for installation is… that is ALREADY installed. (But it could still fail the Prerequisites test and not work.)

The addon name is misleading as to where you’ll find it in the interface. It is not in the Charts view. It is a Web Site Report.

Yes, I can confirm that. You can also see on the screenshot a list of available addons - the rest is already installed.
Plugin Manager (from Help Menu) is quite comprehensive on Linux, you can see all addons that are built-in, installed and available. It also has a search window - couldn’t find any reference to keyword Network.

Wish you were right, not there unfortunately

Ok, not sure what is happening but two more options.

First you can check your Gramps User directory to see if the addon is installed in the plugins directory under the folder name NetworkChart ?

If the above does not show that directory you can manually download and extract the file as described in the following section of the Addon’s page the link to the download is in the download column on the right of the page, you will need to scrol up the page?

Thanks, that worked. Manual install did the trick. I guess I’ll need to read the manual at some stage won’t I? :slightly_smiling_face:
I have moved my tree from Family Tree Maker (it only needed a bit of a cleanup) as part of a feasibility study to see if making Linux a new home can work for me. Meanwhile Gramps turns out to be very flexible and powerful, certainly beyond expectations.
Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.