Navigating to a different view error

The “Gramps has experienced an uinexpected error” greeted me as I switched trees today. Does anyone have suggestions on the underlying cause?

Here’s what was happening.

When about to do a test run with the latest version of the Relationships view LinkView mode by @cdhorn (thanks Chris!), I realized tests should be done with the example.gramps testing Family Tree database but I had just loaded my working Tree.

It was a newly started Gramps session. My Preferences were set to remember the last view but not reload the last Tree. The People view was active with the Latest Changes gramplet in the sidebar. So I

I hadn’t even switched to the new view mode. So I chose a recently created tree with the example.gramps data imported, and did not think to let the working Tree flush and the example tree finish loading before hitting a Dashboard category view icon in the Navigor bar.

and BOOM!.. a series of unexpected error dialogs. Not just one, a series.

37548: ERROR: grampsapp.py: line 174: Unhandled exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gui\views\listview.py", line 736, in row_changed
    self.uistate.modify_statusbar(self.dbstate)
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gui\displaystate.py", line 639, in modify_statusbar
    name, obj = navigation_label(dbstate.db, nav_type, active_handle)
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gen\utils\db.py", line 328, in navigation_label
    obj = db.get_person_from_handle(handle)
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gen\db\generic.py", line 1282, in get_person_from_handle
    return self._get_from_handle(PERSON_KEY, Person, handle)
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gen\db\generic.py", line 1270, in _get_from_handle
    raise HandleError('Handle %s not found' % handle)
gramps.gen.errors.HandleError: Handle ee6ad753ce646d1d5c22439cad not found

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gui\displaystate.py", line 639, in modify_statusbar
    name, obj = navigation_label(dbstate.db, nav_type, active_handle)
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gen\utils\db.py", line 328, in navigation_label
    obj = db.get_person_from_handle(handle)
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gen\db\generic.py", line 1282, in get_person_from_handle
    return self._get_from_handle(PERSON_KEY, Person, handle)
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.4\gramps\gen\db\generic.py", line 1270, in _get_from_handle
    raise HandleError('Handle %s not found' % handle)
gramps.gen.errors.HandleError: Handle ee6ad753ce646d1d5c22439cad not found

I finally got through all of Gramps recursive error dialogs, quit the application and restarted it. It had not properly closed the example tree and I had to break the lock.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.