Narrated Web Site report with world map of all events (like Geography tab in Gramps)

I am using Gramps 5.1.5 on Ubuntu 20.04 together with its Narrated Web Site report to generate a readonly website for my relatives.

With Gramps there is a Geography tab with a map on which the user can right-mouseclick and tick Show all events.

I would also like to have such a world map with all events for the Narrated Web Site report. Is this possible? The report has a Places tab but this is just a list; plus maps of individual places.

Having a world map gives a nice overview where people have been around.

For this, you have a third party addon named Heatmap.
I just put a sample an my web site: https://noiraud.webhop.me/giraud.html

Is it this sort of page you are looking for ?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the Heatmap. I did not know about it yet. Certainly interesting.

The Heatmap emphasizes where most events happens. However, what I find most interesting about the Gramps’ Geography with Show all events are the outliers. For example, almost all of my relatives’ events are in Germany but there are a very few outliers in America and Asia. Those create kind of a “Wow, I had no idea” moment for people using the web site.

I know there is a family map for each family’s events. But this is just not a world map of all events.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.