Most Distant Ancestor DNA Match

I am looking to filter my tree in such way that I can pick an Ancestor and then produce all the descendant lines to DNA matches to myself (these are tagged) but leaving out all the descendant lines which do not terminate in a DNA tagged individual. The goal being to produce a much pruned/simplified tree
Tried many combinations of standard rules with no success so any pointers would be gratefully received
Phil
Note these matches are the Shared Matches from Ancestry so not using Chromosomal Data
GRAMPS: 5.1.6
Python: 3.10.12 (main, Nov 20 2023, 15:14:05)…
BSDDB: 6.2.9 (5, 3, 28)
sqlite: 3.37.2 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
Distribution: 6.5.0-21-generic

Here is how I did it. I created a custom filter “DNA matches” based on an attribute that I use (rather than a tag, but that should work too). Then I created a custom filter “Relationship path to DNA matches” with the rule “Relationship path between <person> and people matching filter <filter>” with myself as the person and the first custom filter as the filter. Finally, I ran the Relationship Graph report with the second custom filter. Even if the graph is not what you want, the filters might help.

Thanks George
One of my experiments had been that but I want to do it on People,
People charts are just too large to be useful and I want to Tag and
Export all names found.
However and there always is an however there seems to a limit on how
many generations it goes back because on a number of lines the most
distant 1 or 2 generations are missing.
6 generations seems to be the cut off
Phil

Can you recreate the problem using the Gramps “example” database?

George

This might take some time as I cannot find within the example an
individual born in the mid 1700’s with 2 children whose trees
independently go down to the present day in order to give at least 6
generations of separation for each leg.

I am away for a few days so will get back to it when I return.
Phil

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.