Interactive family tree (topola): subset of database

I’m exploring the Interactive Family tree, and really liking it. I have a couple of questions:

a) gramps “Interactive family tree” creates a gedcom file, does a bit of post processing on the gedom file, then starts a web server on port 8156, then uses topoloa-viewer to view the gedcom file. Where is the (temporary) gedcom file stored (within the gramps environment/on the local machine/filestore - as it’s clearly stated that no data is exported, so it must presumably be somewhere local for the local webserver)
b) The Interactive Family tree processes the whole database. Is it possible for Interactive Family tree to do a subset of the database, or specify options such as No Notes that are on the standard gedcom export in gramps.

I have found that topola can display a gedcom file via Topola Genealogy Viewer, and I have tried exporting a subset of my entire database (which is great becuase I can specify options on the export) but the arising exported file doesn’t seem happy in topola view (possibly becuase I need to do the postprocesses, or something else that I don’t fully understand).
Anway, I’m probably clutching at straws, but am having a dig round at the same time to see if I can achieve what I want to, so all/any pointers gratefully received. TIA

GRAMPS: AIO64-5.1.4-1 on Windows 10

Export your subset of the family tree and then create a new Gramps family tree and import the subset and use the addon.

According to the support page any request or issues should be submitted to the separate topola-viewer issues on Github!

info gratefully received from the github forum (https://github.com/PeWu/topola-viewer/)

In gramps addon for Topola, Gedcom file is created using python function mkstemp (https://docs.python.org/3/library/tempfile.html#tempfile.mkstemp). This function creates temporary file in default temp directory according to your OS. In my environment (Windows 10), file is created in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp. The name of the file is random generated hash with 12 characters and file doesn’t have an extension, but when you open it in notepad it looks like regular gedcom file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.