Improved name search in Filter Gramplet

I wanted to mention how much I appreciate an easy-to-have-overlooked change in the 5.1 release.

I could never suss out how to search using the compounded name part of the Filter in the People view (I couldn’t get it to reliably find all the ‘John Smith’ because it wasn’t clear how Titles, call names, nicknames, given names, surname, multiple surnames were compounded.)

The new version parses the search term much more flexibly & predictably. It is WAY slower than the (single term, single field) Search Bar… and noticeably slower than the old Filter for a single term.

But it is so much more useful that the trade-off is well worth any sacrificed time.

From the 5.1.0 release notes:
“In personsidebarfilter, search on each part of name Instead of requiring that the entire search string matches a single one of the Person’s names, the function will require that each word in the search string matches any of the Person’s name fields.”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.