How to find when specific Gramps file was superseded

The wiki page “Match dates” appear to refer to a functionality that was rolled into the Preferences GUI.

The change logs and Release History pages seems to be too segmented to search efficiently. (Even if I knew the appropriate label / term to search.)

I’d like to add an “Obsolete Information” warning dialog that informs of the replacement tech. (Or a even the more strident Stub Stagnant note.) How do I discover when a functionality was superseded.

{{man warn|Obsolete Information|This troubleshooting documentation is oriented around a superseded dependency in Gramps. Reliance on the BSDDB database engine was removed in the 5.1 release.}}

The superseded/obsolete wiki page talks about manually editing before/after/about values in the following file that may not exist in current releases of Gramps:
~/.gramps/keys.ini

Does it make sense to fold a MediaWiki magic word into the Stub Stagnant template that suppresses indexing the page for the wiki’s internal search?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.