Help meeting the prerequisites - Mentoring needed

I’m on Windows 10, and Gramps AIO64-5.1.5-1
My family tree is quite big (almost 50k persons), I want to use Gramps instead or web based trees because privacy has been a problem lately. I need to use lots of the addons and gramplets, but I don’t manage well with python. I’ve tried reading everywhere how to do it, but it still doesn’t work. I’m looking for a patient mentor that can help me through the process, here or through personal messages. I think here would be more useful for people with the same problem.

Can you explain what your problem is? I’m asking, because I don’t understand it.

Hint: You don’t need to know Python to use add-ons and gramplets. Gramps can download them, and will store them in a place, where they can be run. And the fact that they are run by the Python interpreter is something that shouldn’t bother you at all.

I’ve marked with bold the things I need. Mostly is about Graphviz, pygraphviz, Numpy, OpenCV facedetection: not found, and some of these may need prerequisites themselves. I’ve tried to set them in Path, possibly doing it wrong, but some of they it says they aren’t even installed, when I did install them…

Diagnostic Gramplet to help evaluate if Gramps has all prerequisites installed.

You have Gramps AIO64-5.1.5-1. Congratulations, you have the current version.

REQUIREMENTS
The following packages MUST be installed (Requires the minimum version or greater.):

• Python 3.6.4 (Passed: version 3.3.0 or greater installed.)
  • GTK+ 3.18.9 (Passed: version 3.12.0 or greater installed.)
  • PyGObject 3.26.1 (Passed: version 3.12.0 or greater installed.)
  • Cairo 1.15.10 (Passed: version 1.13.1 or greater installed.)
  • Pycairo 1.16.1 (Passed: version 1.13.3 or greater installed.)
  • Pango 1.40.11 (Passed: version 1.29.3 or greater installed.)
  • PangoCairo 1.0
  • Berkeley Database library (bsddb3: 6.0.30) (Python-bsddb3 : 6.1.0)
  • SQLite Database library (sqlite3: 3.21.0) (Python-sqlite3: 2.6.0)
  • xdg-utils (Manual check see instructions link)
  • librsvg2 (Manual check see instructions link)
  • language-pack-gnome-xx (Manual check see instructions link) for your Language

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
The following packages are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to be installed (needed for geography and charts):

• osmgpsmap 1.0 (Passed: version 1.0 or greater installed.)
  • Graphviz Graphviz not in system PATH
  • PyICU 1.9.7(ICU 58.2)
  • Ghostscript Ghostscript not in system PATH
  • python-fontconfig 0.5.0 (Passed: version 0.5.x is installed.)

Optional
The following packages are optional:
Gtkspell enables spell checking in the notes.

• GtkSpell 3.0 (Passed: version 3.0 or greater installed.) (enchant module: 1.6.1)
  • rcs installed TBD (Requires version 5.9.4 or greater installed. If not on Microsoft Windows)
    Python Image Library (PIL) is needed for cropping images and LaTeX output.
  • (PILLOW 4.3.0)
  • GExiv2 : 0.10 (Exiv2 library : not found)
  • geocodeglib 1.0 (Passed: version 1.0 or greater installed.)
    For addon Networkchart, font White Rabbit provides an extremely readable result.
  • Installed font: found another font

Development & Translation Requirements
The following packages should be installed if you intend to translate or do any development (addons etc):

• gettext (msgfmt): not found
  • intltool-update: not found
    Sphinx is a tool that builds the Gramps development documentation and man pages
  • Sphinx: not found

Optional packages required by Third-party Addons
Prerequistes required for the following Third-party Addons to work:

1. Addon:Family Sheet : (PILLOW 4.3.0)
  2. Addon:Graph View : (GooCanvas:2.0)(PyGoocanvas: TBD?)(Graphviz Graphviz not in system PATH)
  3. Addon:PedigreeChart : (NumPy : not found )
  4. Addon:Network Chart : (networkx 1.11)(Graphviz Graphviz not in system PATH)
    and one of either: (pydotplus: 2.2.0) or (pygraphviz: not installed)
  5. Addon:GenealogyTree : (lualatex :not found)(PILLOW 4.3.0)
  6. Addon:HTMLView : (Webkit: not installed )
  7. Addon:GoogleMapKML : (Google Earth on Desktop : Standard. Passed: program installed - 32bit on 64bit Win OS.)
  8. Addon:Webconnect Pack : (libwebconnect : Installed)(Passed)
  9. Addon:TMG Importer : (DBF not found.)(Requires version 0.96.8 or greater installed.)
  10. Addon:PostgreSQL Database library Support : (PostgreSQL 100005)(psycopg2 : 2.7.4)
  11. Addon:Edit Image Exif Metadata : (PILLOW 4.3.0) GExiv2 : 0.10 (Exiv2 library : not found)
  12. Addon:Photo Tagging Gramplet : (NumPy: not found.)(OpenCV facedetection: not found.)
  13. Addon:Lxml Gramplet : (lxml: 4.1.0.0)(libxml: 2.9.7)(libxslt: 1.1.32)
  14. Addon:MongoDB : * Requires: MongoDB TBD / pymongo TBD

Diagnostic checks
Check for potential issues.

Environment settings:

• Operating System: win32

Locale Settings:

• LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  • LANGUAGE: en_GB
  • LC_MESSAGES: not set
  • LC_TIME: not set

Gramps Environment variables:

• GRAMPSI18N: not set
  • GRAMPSHOME: not set
  • GRAMPSDIR: not set
  • GRAMPS_RESOURCES: C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.5\share

The Gramps AIO comes complete with Graphviz and Ghostscript. It does not include NumPy as that would approximately double the size of the installation.

If you don’t have any other versions of Graphviz or Ghostscript installed on your system, everything should work fine. I’ve seen a couple of folks who think they should be installing extra stuff, or who already have these installed for some other purpose; sometimes there is a conflict.

If you installed these just to try to make Gramps work, then remove them. If they are needed for something else, then you may have to adjust the PATH environment variable before starting Gramps so that these items don’t get included.

I’ve uninstalled Graphviz and Ghostscript, as you recommended. I keep having the same message that they are not in the PATH. I tried including C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.5 in Environment Variables, but with it or without it, nothing changes.
About NumPy and OpenCV, I have them installed already, but Gramps doesn’t detect them installed.

Make sure that they are still in the AIO. Open a command prompt, change directory to “C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.5” and execute the command

dot -V

which should report the Graphviz version 2.40.1.

Also try

gswin32c -v

which should report Ghostscript version 9.21.

Assuming this works, change the directory to somewhere else, and try again to see if you get different results (testing to see if other versions are still present somewhere).

Gramps should be adding its own startup program directory to the PATH it uses (just for the session). So it should be finding its own copies of the programs, unless they are getting found somewhere else first.