Harmonizing the "Add" button's keybinding for Surnames

Perhaps someone could suggest how to set the Add button for surnames of the Edit Person dialog to the standard Insert keybinding?

I use the Multiple Surnames feature a lot and prefer to use the mouse as little as possible during data entry.

So it was surprising to discover that the keybinding for the Person Editor’s keybinding for + (Add) button wasn’t the Insert used for other Edit dialogs. Instead this “User Multiple Surnames” + button uses Ctrl+A… which is normally “Select All” and, bizarrely, regains that in the Person Editor after the + button is gone.

Even more confusing is that the next + button (after the Edit Person dialog expands to the Multiple Surnames variant) has no keybinding at all.

It seemed reasonable to search the GitHub editperson.py source for the Person Editor for where the keybinding was defined and tweak it. It wasn’t in the editperson.py file.

So I searched for the “Ramón” (mentioned in the tooltip) and it found that in the editperson.glade file. And the Accelerator key definition was a few lines lower.

The tooltip for the button of the Multiple Surnames section were in the surnametab.py

The same, actual for me too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.