Gramps Web, Blog item does not appear

GRAMPS: AIO64-5.1.5-1
Python: 3.6.4 (default, Jan 23 2018, 13:17:37) …
BSDDB: 6.1.0 (6, 0, 30)
sqlite: 3.21.0 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_US.UTF-8

Gramps 5.1.6
Gramps Web API 1.5.1
Gramps Web Frontend 24.1.2
locale: en
multi-tree: false
task queue: true

New Docker install of Gramps web. Managed to get tree and media imported and sync seems to function.

Attempting to get Blog to work. Gramps Web tells me “To start using the blog, add a source with tag ‘Blog’.”, which, I think, I have done. Hopefully the screen shot will appear. Am I clueless?

That’s a note, not a source :slightly_smiling_face:

The terminology and distinctions seem to escape me. Confusion abounds.

The “Type” is Source. There is a “Note” within that source. Or so it seems to me at present. It was created via “Add Source”, then a “note” was added to the source along with a “Tag”, (with text “Blog”) created earlier.

If I select “Sources” within Gramps, I see S0005, which “contains” Source Note
N0017.

While it may be clear to you, at your level of knowledge and experience, it is not clear to me how to resolve my apparent error.

Some progress, patience being a virtue. Seems I was expecting “instant” results in the Blog area and find that may not be the case, and, in some cases at least, a “refresh” of the blog page is required to show expected changes.

I can continue to experiment and gain familiarity. But a question, Does the type of “note”, matter, or must it be a “Source Note”? Or a matter of preference?

Hi,

the type of note does not matter.

Thanks for your feedback, this can be documented better.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.